Open for business during Coronavirus lockdown
- Dr Abbie Clinics
- March 25, 2020
Dr Abbie Clinics is open for business at this challenging time. We are here to serve our patients as best we can. As always, the health and well-being of our patients and our team is our priority.
Dr Abbie Clinics will continue to maintain a high standard of hygiene and cleaning and we have increased the frequency and coverage of these procedures between patients.
All toys and magazines have been removed from the waiting room and we are cleaning all surfaces regularly with hospital grade cleaning products. We have provided hand sanitisers for patient use and a mask is available before consultation on request.
To assist in maintaining high hygiene levels, patients who are attending sessions at any Dr Abbie Clinic are required to implement infection prevention measures:
- Please DO NOT attend the clinic if you are sick (child/parent or carer). Dr Abbie Clinics will politely ask patients displaying symptoms of sickness to go home if they present as unwell.
- Please wash your hands and your child’s hands on arrival at the clinic or use the sanitiser at the front desk and hand rub for 20-30 seconds
- Please limit the number of family members attending the appointment to the absolute minimum. We understand it is sometimes unavoidable but wherever possible we request that adults attend their appointments alone when they can. Similarly one parent or carer attend during this time in the case of children, and only the child/children being treated attends.
We continue to ask that all patients and visitors to Dr Abbie Clinics adhere to the NSW Health requirements. Please ensure you:
- Do not attend our clinic for 2 weeks if you are returning from overseas. Do not attend clinic if you are self-isolating due to contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19. A confirmed case is a person who tests positive for the virus that causes COVID-19.
- Wash hands regularly. Please see our hand washing information in the bathroom and around the clinic.
- Respiratory Etiquette should be followed: sneeze/cough into the flexed elbow (not the hands)
- Please assist your child with nose blowing if your child needs to blow their nose and wash hands thoroughly afterwards
- Please distance yourself in the waiting room from other waiting patients
- Avoid shaking hands and other physical greetings
Dr Abbie Clinics will not see any client in the clinic until the quarantine period for that individual and family has ended. Patients who present as unwell will be asked to reschedule.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call us. If you are in a vulnerable group such as elderly, immunocompromised, have a chronic medical condition or pregnant please inform staff at the time of booking so we can accommodate you with an isolated appointment time.
For bookings and information call 1800 DR ABBIE or email firstname.lastname@example.org